(PDF)Towards 2030 Task Force Terms of Reference
|Chair||Governor (current or recent)|
|Members||7 – 9 Individuals *|
* constituencies = faculty, staff, student, alumni, and outside representatives where applicable
All Task Forces should begin by early October, 2007, and finalize their reports during January, 2008, at the latest. Overall directions for the final reports should ideally be decided by mid-December.
2.1 The Task Forces are asked to:
- Consider applicable goals for the institution or relevant components thereof
- Delineate and defend a set of preferred goals applicable to their respective Task Forces for 2030 and beyond
- Examine long-term strategies to achieve those goals
- Recommend a limited range of goals and practical strategies for achieving those goals
- Consider what are the best set of long-term objectives to adopt in response to those forces shaping the institution and our own
2.2 The Task Forces should prioritize certain cross-cutting themes. They are:
- Enhancement of our students’ experiences
- Nature of three campus system and its future
- Strengthening our education & research missions
- Improving the quality of our working environment
- Responding to internationalization [+ global change?] as forces shaping all institutions
3. Early Steps
Task Force Chairs and Vice-Chairs need to arrive at early agreement on a directional/framing statement. This statement is not a mission/vision statement – rather, it will be directional, emphasizing where we want to be in 2030.
A draft of this statement will be put in play from the President’s Office in the near future
Schedule, Meetings, Consultations, Written Submissions
5. Report to President
Note: The Task Force on Governance reports to the Chair of the Governing Council.
One consistent format. Each Task Force Report considers:
- What are the forces shaping the institution?
- What do we believe is the best set of long-term objective to adopt in response to those forces and our own traditions/values?
- What are the best strategic options for achieving those objectives?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different options?
- What are the benchmarks we need to achieve in measuring-up to 2030